Pregnancy is a wonderful and very special time in a women’s life. It can also be a time of fear and anxiety. Birthlight pregnancy yoga is specially adapted for the mum-to-be’s changing body and hormonal balance.
Pregnancy yoga has a host of physical and mental benefits including:
- Toning muscles
- Relieving tension
- Improving circulation which increases blood and oxygen flow to placenta and baby
- Postural awareness and alignment adapted through pregnancy, which helps to encourage optimal fetal positioning
- Opens and stabilizes pelvic joints, to prevent and relieve pelvic pain
- Breath work that balances hormones, focuses mind and encourages relaxation
- Greater strength and flexibility during pregnancy helps make labour easier, faster and less painful
- Stretching and toning of the pelvic floor
- Reduces stress, anxiety and fears surrounding birth and parenthood
- Develops bond between mother and baby before birth
- Builds confidence in birth process and instinctual behavior
- Balances hormones which can help alleviate and prevent depression.
I am an experienced Birthlight teacher and am pleased to be able to offer 1-2-1 pregnancy and small group classes in Altea. Please contact me for further details.